Just Giving

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 8 February 2016

Two Different Challenges

It's 30 years since I last ran a half marathon. That was in Cardiff too. As a 15 year-old I completed the Pentwyn and Llanedeyrn Half Marathon in 1 hour and 53 minutes. My aim is to finish the IAAF Cardiff World Half Marathon 2016 faster than I did 30 years ago.

To help motivate me to get through my training as I pound the streets of Abingdon, please sponsor me. All the money raised will be going to TASTE. They provided much needed funding and expertise to get water to remote villages in Nigeria where no fresh water is available.

The current project that TASTE are working on has so far provided a borehole in Kadarko in Plateau State, Nigeria. The area around Kadarko has several other villages that remain many kilometers away from water, which is often in the form of a pond. The picture shows what's involved in this daily trek for water, sometimes over many kilometres.

The cost to provide a borehole, two latrines and hygiene education is about £6,000 for each village (and there are 8 villages they hope to reach). This is a major undertaking for a small charity, so your sponsorship support will be very worthwhile and appreciated.

So, running the 21.1 km is a small challenge in comparison to the funds that need to be raised. You can sponsor me on my JustGiving page.

Please subscribe to my blog below to keep my motivation up and for updates on my fundraising, more information about what TASTE are doing and training updates too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment