Just Giving

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 25 February 2016

H2O Home to Origin

I'm really excited to be running the IAAF World Half Marathon in my home city of Cardiff, the city where I was born and then lived for 25 years. It will be very poignant to see many of the sites and landmarks I knew as a boy, as I'm taking part in such a great event. This is particularly the case for the run around Roath Park lake towards the end of the half marathon course, a place where I loved to go, and the finish outside the university where I studied for three years. It will also be amazing to run past many of the new things that have appeared in the city since I left, like the Principality stadium, the Cardiff Bay barrage and the Wales Millenium Centre




Home is where the heart is - a quote attributed to Pliny the Elder certainly rings true for many.  It is perhaps this love for home which resulted in the formation of TASTE, the charity I'm running to support. TASTE was conceived and by a friend of mine, Ben Udejiofo. Although Ben has lived in the UK for most of his life, he originates from a village of 40,000 people called Amankpunato Achi in Nigeria. The residents have a 5km round trip to their nearest drinking water supply. This desperate need and the love of his homeland inspired Ben to do something about it. TASTE was born.


Please visit my JustGiving page to sponsor me as I run the streets of my home town to support the efforts of TASTE to bring much needed water to Ben's homeland.

Fundraising Update
Latest total - £525, 52% of target

Training Update from the last week
Monday - Easy Run 9.3km, 46 mins
Tuesday - Tempo Run 5.9km, 25 mins
Thursday - X-trainer 50mins
Friday - Intervals 40 mins
Saturday - Long Run 10km, 46 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment